Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 23 A New Missionary Schedule

Hey everyone. This week has been really short and really crazy, so let's get to it.

Monday
It was a normal p-day. We had FHE. We went to the new ward mission leader's house to see how he was doing. His wife was in the hospital, and we were able to help her and visit her. It was good to see she was doing well.





Dinner and "Noches de Papas" FHE
Tuesday
We went and visited a lot of people, did some service, painting for someone in our ward, visited some more people, had dinner, got some referrals, stuff like that.

Wednesday
We had district meeting and Elder Soelberg instructed on baptism goals and committing people on date. It was a good meeting. I learned so much, and it helped me to understand why we ask an investigator if they want to be baptized after the first lesson. After, we did some more service and went and visited some people. Then we had dinner and had a new member lesson with the Kurtzers. They really liked it. We talked about following the prophet and the word of wisdom. Then we helped with the mini missions the youth did, and then the night was over, and we went home.

Thursday
We had zone conference, and it was a very spiritual meeting. We talked about having love for your investigators before you meet them just like Ammon did in the book of Mormon. We also talked about how we can have love for our companions and others, and how to teach people that are not interested. It blew me away from what I learned, and I can't wait to continue to apply it to my mission. Our schedule has changed, and you can read about it on my letter to my dad. I sent him the email for mission prep.

Dear Family, friends, and the mission prep classes
(please read this to the mission prep class leaders, and teach it to the youth.)

The church has now changed some things in the missionary's schedule. It is no longer this:

6:30 Am arise, pray,exercise, and prepare for the day

7:30 breakfest

8:00 personal study

9:00 companion study

10:00 proselyting 

9:00 pm plan

10:30 bed

Now it is this:






We now have more agency to do what we want at what time but from 6:30 to 10 and from 10 to 9 we do all our planning in the morning and do everything else as follows, this is all brand new and you can put all these thing in the order you want, but they have to fit in those time frames, missonarys will be getting new hand books new PMG, new alot of things, weekly planning will be changed but we dont know when or how, and there is more to change i just dont know what yet. so please infrom everyone about this. thank you
Elder Hammond

Friday
We did service at the food bank, had a lesson with a former and gave her a blessing to give up smoking, did some weekly planning, and had a lesson with a new investigator. It was great until that night we found out that we had to move from our apartment with the other elders....😢😢😢😢

Saturday
I went on an exchange with the zone leaders and was companions again with Elder Kirk for the day!!!!! It was so much fun. He's changed quite a bit. He's a lot more fun to be around, and I think his last companion helped him out with that, but it's way cool because he teaches me so much! There's something I always have to write down about his teaching that I could use or something he tells me that I have to write it down so I don't forget it. We went and visited a lot of ysa's and bowled with the old folks. Then I exchanged back. 

Sunday
We had church, and during church we had a lesson with Kelly. We taught the law of chastity... following the prophet, priesthood, and blessings........ ya, that was an interesting lesson. I don't want to talk about it, but we learned something about her that we didn't expect to come from her, and it was really crazy. She felt she couldn't follow it fully because of reasons, but we gave her a blessing. It was really spiritual experience for her and me because I gave it, and I have never spoken ever in my life so powerful words like I did in that blessing. It comes to show that my patriarchal blessing is coming true. "You will exercise your priesthood in behalf of many. As you lay your hands upon their heads, you will feel the spirit of revelation come to you regarding the things you should say."
After that, we studied, had dinner, and then weekly planned. It was a fun Sunday

I will tell you all about yesterday next Monday.

My spiritual thought this week comes from Elder Holland, and I can't say it better than him, so I'm going to let him say it. Look it up!

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment