Saturday, January 7, 2017

Week 21 Staying in Stillaguamish

Well everyone, I have some good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm staying in Stillaguamish. The bad news is Elder Stoddard is not.... I am losing a best friend. Am I happy about it? No, but the Lord wants him to do some work somewhere else now, and he wants me to help finish everything here. Since I am behind telling you about a last week, I'm going to tell you! 

Monday
So since we went to the temple Thursday, Monday was just a regular day of work. We visited a lot of people, and that was pretty much it. Not much happened.

Tuesday
We had a lesson with the Kurtzers, and we watched The Restoration with them. They liked it, but what we really want them to do is get a testimony of Joseph Smith. We still don't know if they have one, but we are going to try our best to help them before Saturday because they get baptized that day. ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š It makes me so happy. We visited a lot of people that day too.

Wednesday
We had 3 lessons. One of them was with Lydia, and we talked about the atonement with her and helped her see that God really loves her. As I bore testimony to everything that had been said, the spirit was so strong in the room that she started to cry. As I gave my testimony, she said she didn't know why she was crying, but Elder Stoddard and I knew, and we put her back on date for the 21st of January. She is doing so well, and I can't wait for her to be baptized. Then we had a lesson with Kelly, and it worked out pretty well. We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and then at the end, we gave her a word of wisdom pamphlet because she said she had some problems she needed to work out with that. She is now off date because of reasons...😑 but we are going to put her back on date for the 21st because I feel that she can be baptized on that day. I don't just feel, I know. The spirit has made it known unto me and Elder Stoddard that there is no other day. Therefore, I know it, and I know God knows it. Therefore I cannot change her date, for that reason. Then we had a lesson with the Kurtzers again and helped them progress.

Thursday
We went to the temple, an awesome experience. Then we had the rest of the day to have fun and email you guys and shop.

Friday
I went on an exchange with the zone leaders, had a good time, tried to teach some people, but not a whole lot of luck... ðŸ˜‘ That's ok. I have faith in them.

Saturday
New Year's Eve was great! We had a lesson with Kelly about the word of wisdom and found out she has a coffee problem too. Why do we have a lot of investigators that have problems with coffee? All of them do, even Lydia... but anyway, she said she can try. We will help her when needed. Then we taught the rest of the plan of salvation to Lydia and helped her out there. Then we had to come in at 5 and do weekly planning.


Sunday
We had no investigators at our sacrament meeting, but Granite Falls had the Kurtzers at theirs. They switch off every week with our ward and theirs. We hit our standards this week, and it made me really happy!!!! That's it for Sunday.

So that's it for this week. I've got to go, but I hope everyone is having a good week. Love you all!!



Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment