Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 19 Almost Christmas!

What a week this has been! Honestly, I wasn't expecting any of what happened this week to happen. Let me answer some questions first. Then I will get to the week.

Have you worn your boots? 
No... because I have to get them approved by president, and that's harder then it seems. I'll do it when the snow stays more on the ground then just 2 days so far. Although I could use them for Darrington. We'll see.
Do you have enough warm gear?
Yes, with a capital Y! I am so warm when I walk outside. It's so great!!! I don't need anything else.

Now for the week.

Monday
We had a good p-day. We went shopping, emailed, and played wallyball at the sac. It was a lot of fun! Then we had dinner and visited some people. Not to much that happened.

Tuesday
Tuesday was really sad. I went on an exchange with Elder Jensen, Elder Butler's companion, who is the ZL. I woke up at 2:00 in the morning and found him throwing up in the bathroom. I had to call Sister Grizeny who is the health missionary for the mission and had to stay up with him until everyone else was awake. It was so bad!! Once everyone else was awake, the other missionaries ran over, and we exchanged back for the rest of the day while Elder Jensen had the flu!! It flu me off guard!! Hahah... See  what I did there!!? ;) Anyway, I went back with Elder Stoddard, and we went to Darrington for the day. We had a good time with that, and we went and shoveled a lot of drive ways, bought some gifts for Tyler, and then went home to see how Elder Jensen was doing. When we got back, he was still way sick and had been sick all day... not fun. Then we had dinner and visited some people in Arlington. Then we came home to plan.

Wednesday 
We had zone meeting, which was weird because we aren't suppose to have them any more, but since the snow canceled interviews last week, we had to have it. It was great! Elder Butler talked about obedience and being dignified. It was a great meeting, and it really opened my eyes to some things, so much that I actually needed to go on an emergency exchange with Elder Butler because I was felling really stressed about something that I was struggling with and some things that were bugging me about Elder Stoddard. During this exchange, Elder Butler taught me a lot about confidence and how I can gain more of it. He gave me some things to study and gave me a blessing of comfort. After that, Elder Stoddard and I got back together and planned for the next day.

Thursday
Thursday we went to the other side of our area, not Darrington, but close by...Standwood. We visited a lot of people. It was a pretty good day. Not too much happened. Oh, oops! We had 5 lessons this week with our investigators, and they are getting ready for baptism. We have a baptism coming up on New Year's Day. I hope it works out!!!

Friday 
We helped at the food bank, weekly planned, and then visited some people and did some service for a family. It was a pretty good day.

Saturday
Saturday was exchange part 2 with Elder Jensen. I got to work in a YSA ward again!!! Oh my gosh, I love YSA wards! They are so much fun!!! Anyway, we had 3 lessons with investigators there, had interviews with president, and then later in the day, I put one of their investigators on date for the 21st of January. It was great, if I do say so myself. Then I exchanged back with Elder Stoddard, and we had a lesson with the kurtzer family and talked about tithing!!

Sunday
Sunday it snowed all day until like the end of the day. Church went for 2 hours, and then Elder Stoddard and I went home and did what felt like a whole lot of nothing. Then we had dinner... haha jk. We had personal study, comp study, and weekly planning. Then we slid on ice in the jeep, almost died... That's ok. My defensive driving class taught me how to work with that. So we were good. No one died. 

So my spiritual thought today comes from Mosiah 16:9, and it says: 
"He is the light and the life of the world; yea a light that is endless that can never be darkened; yea and also a life which is endless that there can be no more death." 
This year, Christmas is really focused on how He is the light of the world. As we continue to follow Him, I want you to really notice how He is that light in this world. He stands supreme with glory. Love you all and see you soon.



  1. 1. I believe in Christ; he is my King!
    With all my heart to him I'll sing;
    I'll raise my voice in praise and joy,
    In grand amens my tongue employ.
    I believe in Christ; he is God's Son.
    On earth to dwell his soul did come.
    He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
    Good works were his; his name be praised.
  2. 2. I believe in Christ; oh blessed name!
    As Mary's Son he came to reign
    'Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,
    To save them from the woes of sin.
    I believe in Christ, who marked the path,
    Who did gain all his Father hath,
    Who said to men: "Come, follow me,
    That ye, my friends, with God may be."
  3. 3. I believe in Christ--my Lord, my God!
    My feet he plants on gospel sod.
    I'll worship him with all my might;
    He is the source of truth and light.
    I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
    From Satan's grasp he sets me free,
    And I shall live with joy and love
    In his eternal courts above.
  4. 4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
    From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
    And while I strive through grief and pain,
    His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
    I believe in Christ; so come what may,
    With him I'll stand in that great day
    When on this earth he comes again
    To rule among the sons of men.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment