Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 18 Family Search, Mini MTC, and Elder Mason

Hello, everyone!!! It has been a crazy week, so let's get right to it!!

Monday
So Monday was great! We had a fun time emailing, shopping, and playing basketball because the SAC was closed. Then after that, we had dinner, and Elder Stoddard and I tried to go see some people before the donut party that the Arlington Ward puts on. Then we went on splits with the Arlington elders and did some street contacting. It was a good day. Not a whole lot happened, but we had a good day.

Tuesday
Tuesday we visited a lot of people and went to Brother Brown's for breakfast. We talked a lot about family search. The best part about that is now I know how to do it a little more. Before, I knew Aunt Alisha did a lot of it, and I didn't know where to start, but thanks to Brother Brown, one of the family history consultants, I was able to understand how to work it. It's really cool what you can do with family search. We also did some service for a sister in our ward, which was the first time I had ever done service in regular clothes. It felt so weird, but we did it. 

Wednesday
We had district meeting, and Elder Stoddard instructed us on diligence and being dignified in our calling to God. It's always a good pep talk from a district leader, right!? Then after that, we did some service and had some dinner. Then Elder Stoddard and I went on splits, and I went and was in charge of the mini MTC night we had with the youth. It went really well. I will have to tell you about it later because I'm running out of time. Elder Stoddard had lessons with investigators, and he did a good job with that.


Thursday 
We went to Darrington and visited a lot of people, got two return appointments for Tuesday, and went to seminary. We had a good time there.

Friday
Friday we got snowed in, so we got grounded from our cars. We had to walk around and do weekly planning all day. It made me so mad because we live 5 miles out of the area, but that's ok. Later that night we were able to drive the car again and I went on exchanges with Arlington.



Saturday
I was on an exchange with Elder Poulsen. He's been out almost as long as Elder Stoddard. We drove to Comano Island for a breakfast with President Flake, one of the stake president's counselors. We had a good time. Then we went back to Arlington and visited a lot of people, had a lesson fall through, did some service at the old folks place, tried to get some lessons in before dinner, had dinner, and then visited some more people. It was a pretty good day.

Sunday
When I was at church, I saw Elder Mason, a missionary that served in my home mission in West Jordan a couple of years ago!!! He lives in Marysville. He's so cool, and he's in the YSA ward, so it's even better!! Then we had lunch with our new ward mission leader, did our studies, had dinner, and then went to the nativity festival the stake put on. It was so cool. There was a Jesus picture room, lots of nativities and a choir singing for us. It was great!

the former Elder Mason and Elder Hammond

Well, that's it for this week. I'll see you next week.

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment