Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 101 Appreciating Family


Hey everyone. It's another great week, and things have been going okay. Not a whole lot of success, but things are going great! Yeah, so let's get to the week, shall we? 

Monday 
We did not go on the hike, but we will be going today to see those entrances. Hopefully they’re great. We did shopping and emailing. Then later that day, we went out to a field in Laurel’s area and played some sports. We had a good time. After, we went home and did some work. 

Tuesday 
We did a lot of work and saw lots of people, although not much happened. 

Wednesday 
We had district meeting. Elder Winget talked about having virtue in our work. After, we had lunch as a district. Later, we visited with an older lady named Diana. She is a former investigator who likes to talk to the elders but really doesn't read or do other things. We visited with her and talked about what she's going through. She told us something is wrong with her, and the docs don't know what it is. She weighs 83 pounds and is in her 80's or so. It's really sad. She says she feels like she's being pushed around because they don't know what's wrong with her. It kind of seems like they’re trying to get their money's worth out of it. We also spent time seeing other people. We helped at the food bank garden and got to pick some really good raspberries. 

Thursday 
We helped at the food bank. Then we had lunch and did My Plan after. Thursday it asked me where I saw myself in a year.... Yikes! That was weird to think about. Later that day, we had a lesson with the Mullers. We talked about repentance with them. Later, we had correlation meeting. 

Friday 
We helped the Nelson's move to their new home in the morning. Later we then weekly planned for the week to come. And in evening after a lot of work, we visited with the Sanchez family. 

Saturday 
We went to Gene Gulbranson’s funeral. It was an amazing funeral. The spirit was definitely there, and there was an amazing feeling of peace and love in the room for Gene. I did not get to know Gene, but he seemed like an amazing man. That funeral hit me hard though. Recently I had my two grandfather's pass away. When I heard they had passed, it wasn't so hard on me those days. I felt fine and a good feeling knowing that they had left to a better life. But sitting in the chapel that day, I felt great love and happiness, and sadness too realizing they would not be there in my life anymore when I got home from my mission. I would always imagine before my Grandpa Hammond passed away that when he did, I would be so mad and sad that I would not work that day. Though the day I found out, I was mad at God and reconsidered my feelings. I know that He was there by my side comforting me, not just my grandfather, but my Savior also. Sitting in that chapel, I realized how much my family and friends meant to me, and how much I had grown an appreciation of them on my mission being away from them. It's been a blessing to have such a great family. After the funeral we had lunch and then went to go see people. Later that night, we helped Brother Cline get a motorcycle tire off. That was fun... Kinda, it took a while. 

Helping to fix the motorcycle tire
Sunday 
We had church. We did some work and had dinner with the O’Briens and the YSA sisters. Then we did more work and came home after to do accounting. 

Well, that's it for this week. I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing next week. 

Elder Hammond 

No comments:

Post a Comment