Monday, May 14, 2018

Week 92 Happy Mother's Day


Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great week and mother’s day was amazing for you all. Here is my week for ya.

Monday
We thought it would be a great day to go to Boulevard Park, play sports, and take some pictures, However, it turned out to be the opposite. I first started the day with going to Grocery Outlet with the zone leaders and bought our food. Then we went to the church and did some emailing. After we went to IHOP as a district and had some good food. Then we went back to the church and played basketball for a little bit, before we went to the park. The sisters took forever at the mall, so we didn't stay at the park very long because there was really nothing to do. All the other elders got bored, even though I was going around taking pictures and having a good time... So sorry for them. So, we decided then to go back to the church and play some more basketball. Monday was a pretty sad day when you look at it. After we drove to Sudden Valley for dinner and had a good time with the Saunders. Then we drove back to the church and did some area book work. After that, we exchanged with Bellingham Bay and Elder Redd came with me to our apartment.



At Boulevard Park
Tuesday
I spent the whole day with Elder Redd. We started the day with going and seeing some people. After we saw all those people that I had planned for the morning, we went to the post office, and I sent off two packages to go home. Then we went to the church and gave Elder Rich his service shoes because they forgot to pack them for the exchange. After, we went home and had lunch. Then we went and did comp study and did our device audit after that. Around 3 or so, we went to go have a lesson with Mordecai, but he wasn't home. However, we did meet his father. He's really cool, and he's okay with us teaching Cai. He also gave us some advice and told us about Cai a little bit more. After we met with him, we went and saw some more people that I planned. We then went to dinner with the DeVries. We had a good time with them tonight. Elder Redd quoted lots of movies with Sister DeVries, however she won the bash. After dinner, we went to the church to meet with Bishop, but he was not there again this week, so we went to the Institute and exchange back with Bellingham Bay.

Wednesday
Wednesday was a long day, but at the end it felt a little bit better. We started the day by going and having district meeting. Elder Rich instructed on the safeguards for using technology and asked what ways we could approve. We had a good discussion on it. After, we went to MOD and had pizza. Then we went to try and help Sister Kaveh hang some pictures, but she forgot that we were coming and was not home. So, we went back to our area and started seeing people. After getting some return appointments, we came home and had dinner. Then we went and saw Justin, our investigator. We just chatted with him and then went to the church and did some area book work. I also posted a scripture and my testimony on Facebook. As I was doing so, I felt the spirit. It was really cool.

My District
Thursday
We started the day by going and helping at the food bank. It's getting really annoying to go to the food bank. All we do there is sort food. It doesn't feel really effective or a good use of our time, but I'm only going to be here for probably one more week, so I really don't care. After helping at the food bank, we then went to the other elders’ apartment and gave Elder Beuticofer a blessing. Then we had lunch and comp study with them which quickly turned into a discussion. I guess the other elders were having some problems with each other and needed some divine help on how to change things. So, we talked about it for a while and came to a conclusion. After that, Bellingham Bay went to their interviews with President, and we went to go see people. After going and to see those people, and most were not home, we then went to our interviews. I had a great time in my interview with President. After, we went to the McCleves house and had our elders’ quorum first annual get together. It was really great night! We had a good time. After that, we went to the church and finished with Area book work.

Elders' Quorum Party
Friday
Friday was a great day. We started with the food bank again. Then we went and had lunch at a teriyaki place in downtown Bellingham. After, we then went and met with Sister Kaveh. She needed some paintings hung up like we talked about last time, and she had a door knob that needed to be fixed. To fix it, we needed a washer, but she didn't have one. We needed a washer because the screw that was in the door that was holding the doorknob had made a big gouge in the door, and we were not able to fix it at that time because there was no washer. So, what I did is I grabbed a paperclip and bent it several ways until it became a man-made washer. Yes, you can say that I MacGyver-ed it! We put the man-made washer with the screw and put the door knob on the closet. Sadly, on Sunday, I learned that the paper clip washer only lasted for a couple days... It was really sad. I'm really disappointed in myself. I thought I was good at MacGyver-ing things! I guess not. After that visit, we then went back to the church, and Elder Rich sang with Elder Redd on the piano. After a while, we then went to dinner and had a good time with Brother Jones and all of his family. And then, we went back to the church and did some weekly planning that ended our night.

Lunch at the teriyaki place
Saturday
We started the day with area book work, and then we went to go see a few people. After that, we went on exchange with Bellingham Bay for 2 hours. That went pretty well. Elder Beuticofer and I went to go and see a potential and had a lesson with them. We discussed the restoration a little bit and went over the plan of salvation and how it blesses our lives. After that, we exchanged back, and Elder Rich and I went and saw some people. Then we had dinner. Then we finished the night with more area book work and teaching a lesson to Joey, Brother Jones’s kid. We also had a meeting with Brother Jones.

Sunday
We had church! Then we went home and did our studies. Then we went back to the church, and I called home! It was great to see the family again for the last time on my mission before they come get me in 3 months! After the calls, we went home, had dinner, and then went back to the church to finish the night with area book work.

That's it for this week. I hope things pick up here. It's really hard to work here because people are just hard to work with. That’s fine. We will work really hard this week, and then I'll be off to my last area. I hope you all have a good week, and I'll see you soon!

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment