Friday, October 27, 2017

Week 63 My Last Week in Maltby

Well it's my last day in Maltby... a little sad because I know this is the area I've worked the hardest, and it has really paid off. I have received great blessings from this area, and not all of them are missionary blessings. I know I have served the Lord with all my heart in this area, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I will talk about that more later. Let's get right to the week. 

Monday
We emailed, did some shopping, and then we went to the soccer dome to play soccer. It was great! The Hermanas came for the first time, so that was fun. We played some ultimate Frisbee too, with my new Frisbee. That was fun. I got to test it out. After, we went back home and went to Good Will to look at some things to see if I could find some cool stuff. I found this army man helmet that was like $2 which was great because I wanted to get something cool for the Halloween carnival that was going on this week. So I got it. After, we had dinner with the Van Leuvens and had Costco ribs and other Costco food. I really enjoyed that. After, we came home and hopped on our bikes to go see people for the rest of the night, and we ended the night with cleaning the apartment.

Tuesday
We had inspections, and we did a way better job then last transfers. We only got one mark, which is the best inspection this apartment has had. So that was fun. After, we went to the Senior Center and did some service there. Then we went and got a few things at Dollar Tree because I was feeling sick that day. I woke up at two in the morning with a sick to my stomach feeling, and I didn't know why, so I was up half the night feeling really sick. Some time around four I was able to go back to bed. But anyway, we went and got some Sprite and Gatorade to help. Then we went to Dennys and had lunch for Elder Powers birthday. I know what you're thinking. Elder Hammond, you're sick. Why did you go to Dennys? Well, I wanted Elder Powers to have a good birthday, and I think he did. So I suffered though all the stomach cramps the rest of the day. After, we had comp study, and then we went to the library and had mormon.org time. Then we came home and planned the rest of the day out. Then we took naps because I needed to get some rest. I was not feeling the best. Then after, we had dinner and went to go see people. Every person we saw either was not home or was not interested. So that's hard, but it's okay. It's the Lord's work, and He leads and guides his children to know who to go see. 

Elder Power's Birthday lunch at Dennys
Wednesday
We had district meeting, and Elder Brown instructed on what was the most important thing about what we share as missionaries. It worked out really well. After, we had lunch one last time as a district at the Mexican grill in Monroe. It was great. Then we came home and had comp study, and then we planned out the day. After, we put the bikes into the Rav 4 and drove off to see people. After biking around for a while, we biked back to the car and put them in the car because it started to rain really badly. Now I had rain pants, but Elder Powers didn't, so I decided so he wouldn't get soaked, we would go back to the car, pack up the bikes, and drive off to someone we could see close by to dinner. So we went and saw the Lefevores before dinner and had a great conversation with Sister Lefevor. She also said if we were coming back to tour the mission, and we needed somewhere to stay, we could use the apartment in their home. Kinda cool. Maybe something we can do. Anyway, we had dinner with Danielle, and then we came home and went to bed.

The District
Thursday
We went to Everett for my doctor's appointment and got that squared away for my medication. He game me a 3 month prescription, which is good. After the appointment, we went to the bike shop in Everett and got my bike fixed. I had to pay for it a little bit. Then after, we went to the one in Snohomish and bought my bike some new grips because the ones on my bike were getting worn down. After that, we went home, had lunch, personal study, comp study, and then we went and saw people in the farthest part of our area. While we were out, we got rained on pretty bad. So we waited in the car for the rain to calm down, but it worked out. I did some area book work while we waited. After waiting, we drove off to dinner. We had dinner, and then we went to go see Sam. It was football night so we really didn't get to sit down and have a lesson, but we did share a scripture, and Luis was in the other room, so I hope he heard it. After, we came home, went to see two people but they didn't open up, so we went home and ended the night.

Friday
We had an all day service at the food bank, which was not normal. It was only because we helped there on Fridays, and then we did some painting for them, but it took a long time because Elder Erickson and Elder Davis wanted it to look good. At the end of it, we got kinda contentious, (mad at each other) because some of the elders were stressed out about things, (me). I don't want to talk about them, but I promise if you ask me when I get off my mission, I'll tell you what it was all about and what exactly happened. Anyways, so we all stood outside, by our cars, and each person got something off their chest, and it was mostly directed to me and another elder. It was just things that bothered them about us, and as well as us being too sensitive and taking things too personally. One of the elders thought I was really prideful, and he saw that while he was in Everett, now not so much, but it's still there. That one kinda stung me really hard. As well, one of the elders told me that he told President to transfer me because they needed a new elder here for new ideas and new things to try. Now, looking back at it, I can see why he said that, but when he told me that it made me feel really bad about myself. I kind of felt like I wasn't enough anymore. Everything that was said to me and the other elder made me feel that they had some hate and resentment towards me, and it crushed my confidence. I didn't feel like I was loved by my district at that time. I felt alone. We had to get to our cars because it started to rain really hard, and we drove away. All I could feel was "You're the worst missionary in the world. You don't have friends. You can't even work things out in this area. People don't like you. You should get transferred and be a Jr. comp for the rest of your mission." These are things I heard, and I said them as well coming home. We got home, and after taking a shower, it was all building up inside of me so much I just cried in my room. I felt the depression I had before my mission coming back. I just felt alone. As I wept, a memory came into my mind, and I believe this was an impression of the spirit. It was at these times at home, where I would be crying so much, that I asked Heavenly Father to have mercy on me, and He did. After asking that, my pain went away with my tears, and I felt peace. So after remembering that memory, I asked Heavenly Father to have mercy on me and allow me to feel His love. As I did, the cloud of darkness rose and withered away, and my tears were there no more. I felt peace, and I had forgotten what was making me feel that way. After I had forgotten everything that had gone on, we went to the church for the Halloween carnival, and I felt so good leaving that....until later that night. I had apologized to all the elders for what had happened, and no one had responded to that text. It made those feelings come back, and I didn't sleep well that night. It is at our greatest times when the devil likes to brings us down, and he does my friends, and that's what happened to me.

Saturday 
After not sleeping too well, I got up and was able to forget my feelings and recover. If you ask me again after my mission, I'll tell you why. We started the day with going to Walmart and picking up some extra things I needed. Then we went and weekly planned, had lunch, and comp study. We finished weekly planning, and then we went and saw some people in the dirt land paradise. We met some interesting people up there. Nothing too exciting, except a less active we met who was really cool. He said we could come over whenever we wanted. So that was cool. After, we went home, had dinner, and then saw some people around home. Then we went home to end the night. 

Sunday
We started with comp study. Then we went to the church and had our meetings. Then we went though the service, and I took a lot of pics because I knew I was getting transferred.  After, we came home and had lunch, and then we went to see Brother Zitting. Then we went to dinner with Sister James, and that lasted the rest of the night.

Elder Hammond, Colton, and Brother Dilanie
With the priests in the ward
Brother Zitting and Elder Hammond



(The last three pictures of with the Tates, the Paltaborzes, and the Jameses, not necessarily in that order! He didn't specify the picture with the list of names he sent. -Note from Mom) 

Well it's been great talking to you. I'll let you know where I got sent to. The possibility is back to Everett, but I'm not sure. So I'll see you all soon. Bye.

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment