Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 54 A Good Week

Hey everyone. So I explained Monday and Tuesday in my last letter, just so everyone knows who is reading this. I hope you don't get confused. So here is the rest of the week:

Wednesday
We had district meeting, and it was Elder Black's last one before he went home for college. He talked about how to preach the gospel by the spirit and how we can recognize the spirit when we are teaching. It's pretty sad. The mission president is having all the district leaders talk about the same things, so we are getting a lot of the same or similar discussions every Wednesday. I liked it more when the district leader talked about things we needed more. But that's fine. We do need to know how to preach the gospel by the spirit. After he talked to us, we took "death pics" and then went to Hot Iron to have lunch. After lunch, we went home, and I started to not feel really well, so I laid down for a while while Elder Hatch worked on some things. After two or three hours, I started to feel better. It was weird. I had like an aching feeling all over my body. It almost felt like the flu I had when I was in Arlington. It wasn't fun, but that's alright. Then we were about to get on our bikes when I found out that my tire was flat again in the same spot where we had put the patch. So we went to the store to buy a tube. The first one I bought was the wrong one, so I went back and exchanged it for another one. That was the wrong one too... so I just gave up and decided since we were going to Everett tomorrow, I would buy a new tube there. Then we went and had dinner with Danial. It was great. After, we came home and went to bed.



The "death" of Elder Black
Thursday 
Today was a very high mile day. We started by returning the tube I got yesterday and put the credit back on my card so I could have it for the one I got up at the bike shop later that day. After, we had comp. study, and then we did some service for the Wards and dug a big hole for a water tank they were putting in their back yard. Afterward, we had to get home, change, and run down to Everett to a doctor's appointment for a prescription I needed. Anyway, after we ran to the bike shop, got the tube, and went home to have dinner with the Andersons. That was the third dinner on my mission where they served us fish, and I did not eat it because fish makes me sick. After we came home, parked the car for the night, put my tube in the tire, and rode off to go see people close by. Then we came home and went to bed.

Friday
We had the food bank and had a good time there. Then we came home and got ready for a lesson we had with a potential investigator, and he became an investigator. It's a hard situation though. He wants us to be confidential about our conversations. His name is Ken, and he is a body building evangelical pastor. Weird, huh?! Anyway, he wanted to learn more about us and as well shared his beliefs too. After our chat with him, we then came home, had personal study, then comp. study, and then we went and found a spot to weekly plan. After, we had dinner at home and then went to go see people on our bikes. It was really crazy. We biked up a really large hill in our area, and it was all dirt road. I biked half way up and walked the rest. I was really tired. We won't do that again, but it's all good though. The person we went to see we didn't get to meet with them, but we got their number, and we will see if we can start teaching them. From there, we then rode down the big hill and went home for the night.

Saturday
We went to the Crunnut's home in the morning. They are a great family! We see them every week. Sister Crunnut is a home bound lady and Sister Queen who also is in our ward takes care of her. We go and see her every week and talk about how things are going, share a message, and play with the grand kids that live there. It's always great going over there. Then after we chatted with them, we went home and had lunch, and then we went and helped the Platobores in our ward move some relatives into their home. We took the Monroe elders with us to help. After, we came back and dropped the other elders off and had comp study. Then we had a role play with Sister Lefever, who said she was always willing to have us come over and practice with her. After, we then went and had dinner with the Jameses. We got to have Korean food, but they made beef for me to have so I wouldn't get sick with the fish. It was really good. After, we went and saw some people around where they lived and then came home and went to bed. 

Sunday 
We had ward council and then church. After, we came home and got a bite to eat before we went to the Zittings and had our lesson with them. After, we went and had dinner with the Davises. We had a good time there. Then we went and tried to see some people around that area but couldn't find the house, so we just went home and accounted Elder Brown, the new district leader in Sultan.

Well that's the rest of the week for ya. It's definitely been a good one, and I'm hoping some things that we did really work out. It's been a really long time since we had a new investigator, and for me it's been since Stillaguamish since I've had an investigator that was fully committed to taking all the lessons. Kelly was the last one. I hope she's doing alright. 

We saw the eclipse today. It was way cool. It was dark everywhere. I hope you got to see it. It was way cool. Anyway, have a wonderful week everyone, and I'll see you soon (just a year, I don't know why I keep saying that) Bye!!!

Elder Hammond






No comments:

Post a Comment