Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 28 Hello Island Mission Life!

Brothers and sisters, I want to say hello from the Puget Sound on Whidbey Island! It is a totally different place here. Let's get to the week. I won't have a spiritual message this week because we have to get on the ferry to get to the main land soon, so I don't have a lot of time. 

We had a normal p-day. We went and emailed for my last time in Stillaguamish. Then we went and played ultimate Frisbee and some other games at the park because it was nice out, so we had lots of fun. Then after, we went and visited members and said my last goodbyes to them, and I shed a lot of tears because I will miss the Stilly Ward. I learned a lot from there and met a lot of great people. Then we had dinner with one of the members and watched The Restoration for FHE to show Kelly, my old investigator, what FHE was like. Now she has more understanding of it and hopefully everything works out with her. Then we went and said good bye to more people. 

Saying goodbyes
I said my last goodbyes to members that I didn't see before, and then we drove off to Mill Creek for transfers. That's when I found out I was white washing with Elder Addington into South Whidbey Island. We had a member drive us to the ferry, and it was really cool. I got pictures of the sound. 
New Companion--Elder Addington
On the ferry to South Widbey Island

Pudget Sound

Pudget Sound

As crazy as it is, we take the ferry to the mainland every Monday and Wednesday for p-day and District meeting. It can really drain you and work you over, but I enjoyed it. Then once on the island, we got into our Subaru Legacy and drove to the bishop's house and met him. That was way cool. He is so excited to have us here, and he feels that we are the perfect ones for the job. He said he has never been more excited for missionary work then he is now, and I am so grateful to have him as a bishop. He is a way cool one, and we will be working with him a lot more.

We took the ferry to district meeting, and then we got stranded on the mainland for half the day waiting for the mission office to print us new tickets for the ferry. Now we are set for a good amount of time. Once we got back to the island, we went and put our food away that we had bought for the apartment. Then we went to work meeting all the members and former investigators we could find that lived close to us.

We had a meeting with our ward mission leader, and he is so cool. He introduced us to like half of the ward council and talked about the progress here. Which reminds me, please, please, please, keep praying for me. A lot of missionaries have been sent home because of this island and for the dumb things they did which injured them or got them in trouble. I'm scared that something may happen, but I know that as I stay obedient, I'll get through it. Keep praying for me that things will work out okay. The rest of the day we went and visited a lot of members. Then we had dinner at the Flaggs, who are members, and they live on the beach. It was so cool because the whole time we had dinner, we just had an amazing view of the sound. It was so awesome!!! Then we visited more people and went home.

We visited as many people as we could, and then we had dinner and weekly planned for the rest of the night.

We helped a member move, and then we had a lesson with a man named Luc. He became a new investigator, which was great because we really had none. Then we went and visited a member named Jake Johnson and did some service for him. After that, we visited a lot of people and then went home.

We had church, and we had a really spiritual experience at the new ward. Then we visited some people, had dinner, and used up some miles. They take them away from us if we don't use them so we drove around. Then we went home and did accounting.

Well that's it for this week. Please also keep Elder Addington in your prayers too. His health is not going well, so he has to take a lot of naps because he is loosing sleep. I love you all and hope everything is going well. Have a good week!

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment