Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 94 A New Area in Everson


Hey everyone! I'm in a new place! It's great, and not a lot has changed. Although it feels like things have. It may be the sun is always out now and the wind is blowing. The sun shining on us makes my hair look really dark, or maybe it's just the fact that I never left Bellingham and I’m in Everson. It could be that we had now 1400 miles instead of 850 a month, and we get to use 50 a day. I don't know. There's a lot to take in, and what doesn't help is I'm in a 3 pack again. I'm with Elder Duesenberry and Elder Haselton. It's great. Elder Euesenberry goes home this transfer, so I'm sending another home before I go home. Elder Duesenberry is from Nevada, Carson City, and Elder Haselton is from Virginia. Well, let's get to the week, shall we? 

Monday 
I was with Elder Rich, and we had a great P-day. We started with going shopping. I only got a couple things. Then we went to the church and emailed. After, we then went to the mall and got some things. I bought a gift for my investigator, Orion, who is getting baptized in Lakewood on June 30th. After that, we then went and hung out with Bellingham Bay. Then later we went with them and played sports with the zone leaders at the civic center. After, we ran by the Jones’s home and said goodbye to them for me before I got transferred. After that, we went home, got changed, and met up with Brother Schenck at a Mexican restaurant. We had a good time there, I got carne asada. After dinner, we went to the church and did area book work until it was time to end the night. 


Saying Goodbye to the Joneses

Tuesday 
Tuesday was a long day. All we did was go see people in the morning, and in the afternoon, no one was really interested or home. It was kind of sad. Later that night, we went over to Justin Best's. I got to say goodbye to him and take pics with him. I said goodbye to his family too. 
Saying Goodbye to Justin 
Wednesday 
We had transfers. We got picked up at 9 and drove down. Then I made the long drive back to Everson. We unpacked a little, and then we planned. After, we then went and saw some people. After driving around, we came back home, had dinner, and then drove out to Maple Falls to see the Asencio's. They are a family we a teaching. Their daughter is an investigator. Elder Duesenberry started his mission here so he wanted to go see this family because he was teaching them too. After, we came back to Everson and ended the night 

Thursday 
We had district meeting. Our district is okay. It is not as great as my last one. I only say that because we have lots of missionaries who just act like nothing is wrong in their lives, everything is just roses and ice cream. It's kind of hard to see their real personalities because it feels like they are just putting on a show. Anyway, Elder Winget instructed on repentance. Then we had lunch at Little Caesars. Then we came home and had comp study. Then we went to the church and did area book planning. After, we went and saw some people in Maple Falls. After, we then came back and had dinner. Then we went back out to Maple Falls and had a lesson with the Asencio's. We taught Nesha about the restoration and why it's important. We also pushed her date back. Then we came home and ended the day. 

Friday 
We started the day with weekly planning. After, we then went home and had lunch and did comp study. Then we went and did service for Sister Fox. Her garage got flooded so we had to move everything out. She's also a hoarder too, so it took us some time. Then we went and saw people for the day. There was a lot of traveling with seeing these people. After a while, we had dinner with the Hays. They’re members in the ward. Then we saw more people and then drove back home to end the day. 

Saturday 
We started the day with seeing some people. Then we went into comp study. After that, we went to the church and got the tiwi on our car replaced. It wasn't working properly, I guess. After, we then went in and helped put things away for an activity they had at the church. We got lunch out of it. Then we went and saw some people. After, we came back and had dinner at 8. Then we ended the day. 

Sunday 
We had church at 11. It was okay. Not what I expected. I don't know why, it just felt different. After, we then came home, did studies, and then had dinner at home. Then we went out and saw a few people before the day was over. 

Well that it. Sorry, it's not much, but I'm in a new area, so I don't know how much to expect really and not much has happened yet. I hope everyone has a great week. 

Elder Hammond 

Pics from the Joneses and Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment