Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week 80 ET to Lake Wattcom Ward in Bellingham


Um,so I got ET'd, (emergency transferred...) Yeah, that was fun. It was so unexpected, hence the reason why it's called an ET. That all happened on Saturday. Anyway, let me explain this week.

Monday
We had p-day. We started with going and picking up Sholtes. Then we all went to Winco and went shopping for the week. After, we then went to the library and emailed for four hours. That was long. From there we went to the post office, got some boxes, which I'm sending one home this week. Then we drove to the stake center and played some games with Sholtes. Elder Call got a game called Age of War. It’s a pretty fun game. Later that night, we went on an exchange with Sholtes. Elder Allsop went to Sholtes with Elder Jolly, and Elder Call came with us to Lakewood. So, we went to dinner. After we had a lesson with the Lawson's. We taught them about the Holy Ghost and the Godhead. After, we went and saw some more people. Then we ended the night with coming home.

Tuesday
We started the day with a lesson with an investigator named J.R. We talked about the Book of Mormon with him. He was a former from the past, but he said he didn't remember much from the lessons. After the lesson, we went to BW's with the zone leaders. We had a fun time there. Then we went home and had comp study. After, we went and saw some people in Carols Creek and the Lodge. Later that night, we had dinner. Then we went to our lesson with Jordan and talked about the priesthood with him. Then we went down to Sholtes and exchanged back.

Wednesday
We had district meeting. Elder Oaks instructed on Faith, Hope, and Charity. After, we went home. We had lunch and did comp study. We went and saw some people after, and later we had a lesson with Nikki. We just read scriptures with her like normal. After, we had dinner. Sister Schwagert was our dinner for that night, and she made sure we had a good Valentine’s dinner. After, we went and saw some people before our meeting with Bishop.

Thursday...
So, um, I don't know what happened Thursday. We had nothing planned, and Elder Oaks was really depressed, so we stayed in all day, except in the morning for a move we helped someone with. It took us 4 hours. After, we then stayed in the apartment for the rest of the day... I don't why! Elder Oaks never told us why he was down, plus he's the senior comp so he would not get up to go do the work. He slept for most of the day. Later that night we did get up to go have dinner with Brother Noe at Junk Yard Grill, my last time getting to go there. That really ended our night, besides going back home and chilling...

Friday
We had the food bank. After, we went home, had lunch, and sat in the apartment again. We thought that the work was going to happen, but Elder Oaks just sat there and did nothing, so we gave up on him and went to go study. Later that night, we had a lesson with Harlie and Jordan. Elder Oaks planned it out! If he had enough energy to do that, why didn't we go work for the day? Ugh, it made me so mad. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. After we went home and ended the night.

Saturday
I got ET'd to the Lake Wattcom Ward in B-Ham (Bellingham)!!!! I am so glad I'm back in my birth area. The assistants called me up that morning and told me to pack my bags because they were going to pick me up in like an hour to go to B-Ham. Elder Milner sprained his ankle, so I went to a baptism in Mount Vernon with the assistants. After, we switched me with the B-ham zone leaders, and they drove me to my new area with Elder Milner and Elder Valencic. I am now their designated driver because neither of them can drive. The whole day we went and saw people and had lessons during the day. I really can’t remember who they were with, but this area is doing pretty well.

Sunday
It snowed up here. We had ward council and church in the morning as well. The wind picked up and pushed a lot of trees down up here. We went and saw a lot of people. I'll talk more about the people next week, because I don't know the area yet.

Well, that's this week for you, I just want to end with a spiritual thought. I haven't done one in a long time, but I've been reading The Infinite Atonement, and I want to share some words from it. 

Talking about the Atonement, Tad R. Calaster said:

"A person studying the Atonement is somewhat like the man who retreats to his mountain cabin to enjoy the scenery. If he looks out the window to the east, he will see the snow-capped peaks of the Rockies; but if he fails to examine the view on the west, he will miss the crimson-streaked sunset on the horizon; if he neglects the scene to the north, he will never see the shimmering emerald lake; and if he bypasses the window on the south he will fail to witness the wild flowers in all their brilliant glory, dancing in the gentle mountain breeze. Beauty besets him in every direction. So it is with the Atonement. Regardless of our vantage point it is glorious to behold. Every principle underlying it, every consequence flowing from it, rewards our intellect, animates our emotions, and enlivens out spirit. It is a doctrine for all seasons..."

Such a doctrine must be studied with that much depth and focus, otherwise we cannot fully understand why God, our Father in Heaven gave it to us through his son Jesus Christ. Brothers and Sisters, I ask, have you ever studied the Atonement with so much depth? If not, I challenge you to do so. I know it will help you, and as I've been doing it, it’s helped me to really see how much my Savior loved me, to do this marvelous work for me. I know He lives, and I leave this witness with you all in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment