Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 14 Keepin' It Real

Hello, everyone. I've been asked several times, "How are you?" I'll be honest with you guys. I'm not doing so well. I'm not myself anymore. The work up here has not progressed in the last 5 weeks, and we don't have investigators anymore. 3 have been dropped in this transfer, and finding has not been the best. I haven't taught the restoration ever since I was in Bellingham. We are working our butts off trying to find people to teach, but we CAN'T find anyone. No one wants to hear us or be taught. I've asked God to show me change, and I've asked him to prepare hearts, but He hasn't yet. It makes me mad because I'm dedicating my life to this work and nothing is happening. Elder Stoddard and I are both disappointed in how the work goes in the weeks while we do weekly planning, and we feel like we are lost chickens running around with our heads cut off. It makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about how the work could go better, but it's not. We had no teaching appointments this week. We visit people, but we get nothing from them, and people just don't want to be taught. I feel like I'm not even doing missionary work. This week was disappointing, and I just don't know what to do any more. All I can say is pray for me because I need all the help I can get.

I've also been asked if I think I'm going to get transferred again. At this point, I'm not sure. I feel like I won't because there is too much work to be done in this ward, and I can't leave it now. I wish I could tell you of my week, but all that happened this week was just us going house to house trying to meet with people trying to find people. When it comes to Sunday, I look over what I've done in that week, and I feel like the worst missionary ever. Even though this Sunday we are finally getting help from the high council. I don't know if we'll ever get out of this deep hole we're in. We don't even have a ward mission leader that can be here for us and work with us. That's why the high council had to step in because we are the only ones doing the work, and yet we are getting nothing with what is happening.

I hope you all know I love you all greatly. I just don't feel the same as I used to 5 weeks ago. Please pray for me. I want to see miracles, and I have the faith for it. It's just not happening. Keep me in your prayers. Pray for miracles to happen because my prayers have not been answered yet. I love you all, and I hope everything is going well with all of you in Utah and anywhere you may be reading this. You have been in my prayers, and I will continue to pray for you. You're the best home I could ever have, but life is becoming hard for me right now, and I don't mean to blow up on you all. I just don't have that confidence like I used to anymore. I wish the best for you all, and I'll see you soon. I'm going to try to make this last week of the transfer the best, and I know I can do it. I just need some help. Thanks.

Elder Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment